Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Post

This is my third blog. The first one involved sex, alcohol, and work, which are all fun things to talk about, but too many people found out about it (i.e., co-workers) and I had to take it down for self-preservation purposes. The second one involved movies and other observations, but mostly movies and I stopped writing it for three reasons. One, I was seeing too many movies and couldn't keep up with reviewing them; two, I created a ridiculous 4-part rating scale that even I couldn't decipher; and three, I got bored.

So here we are. My third blog. It's called Sunnyside Lowdown as you can tell from the title at the top of your page. I wanted to call it Sunnyside Up. It was to be a play on the name of the popular method of preparing eggs as well as a play on my new, New York City address in Sunnyside, Queens. The name, Sunnyside Up, however, was taken. I tried Sunnyside Down. It was the next logical step. What goes up must come down. Of course, that was already in use too. As you can see, my third permutation hit the jackpot. Sunnyside Lowdown. That's what I'll be giving you. The low down. The hip word. The cool cash [No cash will actually be given to you by reading this blog]. I thought about using Sunnyside Down Low, but I didn't want to conjure up any R. Kelly references. At least not yet.

So far I feel positive about the title. A bit regretful that Sunnyside Up was taken. The egg parallel was going to be killer. It's important to feel positive about your title. It says a lot about your cleverness and insight. I hope Sunnyside Lowdown isn't too much of a...let...down. I think that said even more about my cleverness and insight.

Sunnyside Lowdown will deal with life in New York as seen through the eyes of a guy who lived in Manhattan for four years and then abandoned it all to live in Queens. In the past my blogs have remained anonymous. I wanted to remain incognito. At the same time, this allowed me to use clever, subversive, pun-intended monikers. I reveled in my on-line blogging personae and was probably too candid, too forthcoming, too brutally honest and vulgar. This time around I intend to keep it clean, on the up and up, and in good measure.

Gee, who am I kidding? How about this? I'll do my best.

Jared

No comments: