Friday, September 19, 2008

Dough-nations! Dough-nations!

"I thought it was the trash."

No, this isn't a quote-fest from Coming to America, the real, last, great Eddie Murphy movie. Holy Man, The Haunted Mansion, Daddy Day Care, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, Meet Dave, Showtime, Metro, Harlem Nights, Another 48 Hours, The Nutty Professor, The Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps, Norbit, Life, Doctor Dolittle, Doctor Dolittle 2, Vampire in Brooklyn, and Beverly Hills Cop III included. I actually liked The Distinguished Gentleman, but no one would ever go on record to say that it's one of Eddie Murphy's best and/or funniest films. His performance in Dreamgirls also won him an Academy Award nomination, but the release of Norbit during voting season didn't help him win any votes. 1988, that was his pinnacle.

This also is not a post about why Eddie Murphy went from hilarious to forcing yourself to find him funny as a donkey in Shrek. This is about dough-nations. Key prefix: Dough. Money. Cash. Dollars. Ducats. Deutschmarks.

I'm raising money for the 5th straight year for The National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Each year, I join my sister's company and ride 60+ miles on a bike; after not riding on a bike for the prior 364 days. This year is no different, except I might punk out at 45 miles. The last 15 are through New Jersey's Palisades Park where the hills are alive with the sound of bikers' exaggerated breaths. After conquering those hills for the past 3 years, I'm ready for flatter pastures.

I know I've already emailed a bunch of you to donate, but now I'm broadening my search to include random people who may read or happen to come across this blog and want to get some good karma for the weekend. It's a great cause and helps people in need.

Here's the link to my donation page.

Get on board and "pay it forward" [Not from an Eddie Murphy movie, but apropos].

Jared

No comments: